Final Round and Calendars

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HatMan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Final Round and Calendars

Postby HatMan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey Everyone!

With everything going on I hope you don't mind that I'll throw an offer into the works here as well. I hope it is well received and believe me I mean only the best...

As many of you know I released a calendar during the recent Nationals weekend and am planning to bring a limited number to the track with me this Sunday. The calendars were for sale at $30 each to the general public. Charlie's bike was featured in at least one of the pages.

Quite a few riders expressed interest in them and asked me to bring some to the final round and I believe that a few were planning to pick up several copies for friends and sponsors.

In light of Charlie's recent accident and my absolute respect for him and his family, I have decided to offer a special price for this weekend of $25 each and I will donate $10 from each calendar to the fund that Ron and Brad are raising on the Legere Family's behalf. Just to be clear, I am not profiting from this, the calendars cost $15 each for printing but I am happy to do this for many reasons. If anyone feels offended by my offer, please let me know. I'll withdraw it and apologize.

In the mean time I wish everyone a safe weekend and I'll see you on Sunday!

Mike McCarthy
McCarthy Photographic.com
(902) 488-1441

Chaulk 313

Re: Final Round and Calendars

Postby Chaulk 313 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm

rescue 5

Postby rescue 5 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:13 pm

very nice thing for you to do Mike, count me in for sure... Tim
IT IS NOT IF, IT'S WHEN AND HOW BAD..... AND WHEN IT HAPPENS WE WILL BE THERE

munroe
Site Admin

Postby munroe » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:46 pm

I think thats awesome Mike and I cant thank you enough!

HatMan

Postby HatMan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 am

Awesome. I have about 20 copies left and will bring them all.

I also have 2 copies that I have had autographed by several of the models... Anyone interested in bidding on these with the entire proceeds going to Charlie's fund? I'll bring them along too and leave them with you, Ron.

HatMan

Postby HatMan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 am

HatMan

Postby HatMan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 am

It was great to see everyone yesterday and wrap up the season with a safe round of racing.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to chat with me and share your stories. After spending the day wandering around the track and pit, I decided to modify my original promise above to donate the profit from the calendar sales yesterday and have decided that the least I can do is dip into my own pocket and add an additional $5 from each calendar to make a total of $15 from each sale that will go directly to Charlie's fund.

With that said, 10 calendars were sold at the track yesterday meaning that $150 was raised and is now put aside and will go to the fund once it is "officially" set up. I have also decided that $15 from each calendar sold on-line until they run out will also go to the fund. The online calendars are $35 and include $10 for postage. If you purchase one on-line and are close enough for me to arrange to deliver it, then $25 will go to the Legere Family.

To purchase calendars, please visit or call/e-mail me. There are only a dozen or so calendars left, so don't miss out. I'll update the page sometime today to reflect the donation information.

Finally, I donated two copies of the calendar that have been signed by 5 of the models to Ron Munroe to be used for whatever fund raising event he sees fit with the entire proceeds to the Legere family.

Once again, my family would also like to wish a speedy recovery to Charlie and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Return to “General Discussion”