New race class 'Street Stock'

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
mademiriam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New race class 'Street Stock'

Postby mademiriam » Wed May 14, 2014 10:01 pm

We're introducing a new race class. Intended for first time riders who have completed a riding academy.
More information to follow, but it will be $100 for three practice sessions and a race, all Street Stock bikes will only be on track with others in the same class. Sealed lowers, and race fairings not required. Will post the final details when they're ready to go.
'01 ZZR250

mademiriam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New race class 'Street Stock'

Postby mademiriam » Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 pm

More information-
You
1. You need to have taken part in a High Performance Riding Academy, or have taken private instruction for the express purpose of attaining a race license. If you have taken a riding academy at another race track this may be approved on a case by case basis.
2. Your personal safety equipment must meet the standards set in our rulebook section 6.4 basically-
-A helmet that is undamaged and M2010, ECE 99 05 or BS 6658
-Boots that cover the ankles
-Gloves that cover the wrist
-One piece or two piece suit that zips together
-Backprotector (may be integrated in the suit)

Your Motorcycle
Your bike at minimum must have the following
-Motorcycle must be in overall good condition. With brakes, tires and chains not showing exessive wear.
-Remove ALL glycol coolant and replace with water/water wetter
-Remove ALL mirrors
-Completely tape all lights, removal of fuses is recommended
-There may not be any fluid leaks of anykind
-The following list is items that need to be secured (lockwire or goop)
-Both axles
-Brake Caliper mount bolts, brake lines
-Fork drain bolts
-Oil filler plug, oil drain plug, oil filter
-External oil line fittings (if present)
-Other items at the discresion of the technical inspector.
The final decision on the fitness of your motorcycle is with the event referee.

Cost
In order to race with us you must have a membership either a yearly or a one event only. You may use the $50 certificate from your 2014 riding academy to purchase a one event membership. If you decide to purchase a full membership the cost of the event membership will be deducted from the price.
Race fee - $100
Transponder - $ waived (the cost of your transponder rental of covered by sARL and our sponsors)

As this is a new class necessary changes may be made at anytime to ensure the safety of all participants. The technical inspector and the event referee can at anytime stop proceedings they feel are unsafe.
'01 ZZR250

seXXes

Postby seXXes » Mon May 19, 2014 12:51 pm

This is a fantastic class to help people bridge the gap from HPRC to racing. It looked like Round 1's participants had a fantastic time...now the rest of the "fence sitters" just need to fill up the grid. ;)

RyanTSI

Postby RyanTSI » Mon May 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Its also a great deal in terms of track time/bang for your buck!
Amateur #30
Ryan MacInnis
2006 GSX-R 600

Taelart

Postby Taelart » Tue May 17, 2016 9:59 am

Hey guys,

I want to get into the street stock class this year, but I just have a couple of quick questions.
Just wondering if there is restrictions to "stock"? I have a set of race plastics on my bike as well as all the lights already removed (the bike is pretty much stock already). I'm just wondering if there is a point where the bike is no longer able to enter into this class?
Also if I purchase my member ship, do I just show up on Saturday morning to register and pay to enter the street stock class?
If I cant make it out this weekend am I still able to come out in June?

Thanks,

seXXes

Postby seXXes » Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 pm

There isn't really a limit (at least not an enforced one) to what can be don't to the bike before out doesn't qualify for this class. The class is about bridging the gap from the school to racing, not race results per se.

If you have your membership and have done the school, just show up Saturday morning (early) and register...sometime will tell you what to do from there but it's not that complicated really.

You can show up in June if you want...but why wait?

:-)

Taelart

Postby Taelart » Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks for the info!

If I could be out there this weekend I would, but it looks like I'll be out in June for sure though.

Thanks,

RCKing

Postby RCKing » Wed May 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Excellent news! Ant dates set?

Cheers

RCKing

Postby RCKing » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi, I really want to participate in the Street Stock. However, I have a street bike and nothing is lock wired, drilled, etc. Does this not allow me to enter into this race?

Thanks!

Jason

seXXes

Postby seXXes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:26 am

Nothing needs to be lock wired for street stock.

Your coolant needs to be removed and replaced with water, your mirrors need to be removed, and headlight needs to be taped up.

Applying some "Goop" to the more important bolts is never a bad idea and very easy to do.

Come out and race! If you need some help doing the prep needed find me and I'll get you ship shape in no time.

:)

Return to “General Discussion”