Have an idea for sARL?

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
spotthedogg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Have an idea for sARL?

Postby spotthedogg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:45 pm

I have been thinking about the opportunity each of us has to help make our club better. It seems many people have thoughts and opinions but aren't quite sure how to share them. I know that's a little bit how I feel, so why not start a thread where we can bounce our ideas around and see if they can get support? If enough people think it's a good idea then we can see about moving it forward.

I'd like to start with a couple ideas I've been thinking about for a while, first a swap meet/motorcycle yard sale.
A swap meet could be a good kick off for the season as a way to get motorcyclists out to the track, maybe for the first time. I think every racer has a bunch of parts or projects that they'd like to unload, makes space at home and maybe get some racing money. Also, if each racer talked to their preferred shop maybe they have some things they'd like to move. If we could get some vendors involved it could be really great. This is an idea that needs a handful of people make it work, it needs to be organized and promoted very early.

My second idea is to have the sARL seasons calendar printed in poster and brochure form to be circulated to every shop east of Rivière-du-Loup. Maybe even into Maine? This would also require a few volunteers for budgeting, design, production and distribution.

Let's hear some feedback and more ideas.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

exbee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Have an idea for sARL?

Postby exbee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Love the swap meet idea. That could attract a lot of non-racers too if it was advertised well.

derekrneil

Postby derekrneil » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:04 pm

The new farmers market is usually empty on weekdays, even some evenings on the weekends. Unless we're trying to promote at the actual track, having a swap meet in a major metro area might make it easier to get a lot of street riders to show up, i'm sure there's a prominent venue in Truro that might work as well to be a bit closer to out of province riders.

What would people think about pre-registering for all the rounds (first race), and receive a %10 discount (before Jan 15th)? I've seen some clubs in the states do this. They allow for selling up to half of the days to someone else if the buyer can't make it. Might be a good way to incentivize early commitment for next season which can have a snow ball effect and grow the numbers, not to mention fund ARL earlier rather than rolling the dice every weekend hoping to at least break even. Maybe gift certificates would be preferred by ARL for simplicity? Are gift certificates accepted as general tender to pay for any track day / race entry fee? Are gift certificates discounted to give people this sort of incentive to buy ahead?

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:44 pm

I was thinking with the swap meet that it would bring people out looking for deals and then they would see that the track and people there are very warm and welcoming. A lot of people are simply afraid of the unknown, not wanting to possibly make themselves look silly. I know I was intimidated to go to a school or track day for a long time. Even rolling in the first time I was thinking what are people going to say about my gear or my bike, normally I don't care but it is intimidating.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 am

How about a season pit/gate pass?
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

Marshall
Site Admin

Postby Marshall » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 pm

What are you looking for here.

The membership hardcard includes gate entry for rider and 1 crew member for the year.

The paddock rental is for the year also. What am I missing.

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 pm

This would be for spectators/family/friends, it could be marketed as an early bird offer and sold/promoted at the motorcycle shows this winter. $50 gets you unlimited access during sARL track days and race weekends for spectating, pit crew and camping.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:15 pm

I also think that drive ups should pay $10/day on race weekends. That's still stupid cheap.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

Marshall
Site Admin

Postby Marshall » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Got it, OK. This is doable. I will work on the details.

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Of course they would have to have some sort of proof they paid for it, I don't know if the hard cards we get would be cost effective.
So basically if you pay for all five rounds up front you get the old rate of $10/weekend instead of $10/day.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

Return to “General Discussion”