Long-winded Thank-you.

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chaulk 313
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Long-winded Thank-you.

Postby Chaulk 313 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Ok…so after a two-year stint of forcing myself to stay away from the track I decided at the last minute on Friday past to drop in on my way from Moncton to Halifax. On Saturday I returned, hung out and had a great day. As the day progressed I realize that it is still very difficult to be the track and not be riding. However, I was completely enthralled by seeing my former road race fraternity and everyone else who makes a race weekend at Shubie one great place to be. :D I met some very nice new (to me) folks also and seen some real nice bikes I had not seen before.

So, Sunday I return with my ZX-10 intent on burning off the 10 lap SC2’s I had discovered don’t stick well on wet pavement 2 years ago! :oops: With lots of help I went to work prepping the ZX-10. About 1.5 hours before the SBK race the bike was completely assembled with warmers on, tire pressures set and the engine running…then the engine began to hang at 6000 RPM. The issue was not in the throttle cable circuit and proved very difficult to troubleshoot and time ran out. It sucked to be me! :?

Now the real reason I have initiated this post is to say “Thank You” to the folks who helped me on Sunday with preps on the ZX-10. The bike might not have made it out of the trailer but it was not from lack of trying on the part of many of you. I’m so glad to realize that the Maritime racer etiquette is still fully in tact and that you fellow racers will help a fellow racer as much as possible. You all know I will return the favour(s) in spades when the time presents itself. :!:

In no particular order, this is what some of the folks did for me:

John “SV” Russell: Took seat off his ZX-10 and brought it to the track for me to use. Assisted in attempting to fix the RPM issue.

Jack Robaczewski: Brought 5 gallons of C-12 to the track for me to acquire. (Sorry, if the spelling if off some Jack. I blame it on Newfoundland version of “Hook on Phonix” )

Andrew "tall one", Justin, Ron Monroe: For helping me assemble the bike. Ron stayed with me until the very last possible minute when he had to get ready for the SBK race.

Roddy (1 Cool Kawi!) MacDonald: for the parts.

Darrel (1 Cool wheelie of the start) Embery: for the parts.

Jeff (CBR125 x 4,5,6 ?) O’Leary: For the clip-on.

Colin “Mad Fab” Walker: For sharing his opinions and knowledge.

Marley & Cheryl: for their patience in registration (and the laughs).

Andrew & Terry: for making it possible that I could return on short notice and for the encouragement.

The Mount Crew: Coffee, food and laughter!! (Missed ya Lisa!)

I hope I didn't miss anyone......Sunday was a tad hard on the head.

Everyone else: For making me feel like I never took a sabbatical…just awesome.

Even though my effort to get on the track was somewhat futile, it was so nice to be back hanging out. I’m making plans for next season and I will be prepared…till then!

Thanks again! :D

Chaulkie

jackski

Re: Long-winded Thank-you.

Postby jackski » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey Al, I'm sure I can speak for everyone, no thanks needed, as it's all just part of the "big adventure" and fun too boot.

Just glad to see your smile back.

Jack

russell

Postby russell » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:51 am

Good to see you again Chalky. Get that beast fixed and bring her out. Remember I have a spare set of throttle bodies in the garage. They come complete with ZX10 attached.

John R
ARL#44
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

Chaulk 313

Postby Chaulk 313 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:52 pm

russell

Postby russell » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 am

Chauky if you need the seat again no problem, but unfortunately I am working that weekend and can't be there. If someone going can stop by and pick it up for you let me know.

Maybe one of the Mounts or someone else out Lawrencetown way is going.

John R
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

jayski

Postby jayski » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 am

I don't mind picking it up from you John, and taking it out for the 3rd for Chaulkie.
I'm in Cole Harbour and can easily come grab it anytime this weekend or some evening next week.
Just let me know and I'll swing by and grab it if needed.
Jay

Chaulk 313

Postby Chaulk 313 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 pm

jayski

Postby jayski » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 am

No problem at all, I'll get in touch with JR now to see when he's around so I can pop over and grab the seat.
Cya on the 3rd!

Return to “General Discussion”