Coolant additive

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
2000greenz24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coolant additive

Postby 2000greenz24 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:57 pm

I am wondering about coolant additives. I'm only planning to do track days this year and see you can run water wetter. I was wondering if the hyper lube is ok? Appears to be the same type of additive just a diffenent brand.
2005 ZX6R - AM #134
2007 Zx-6R

russell

Re: Coolant additive

Postby russell » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:32 pm

It appears the product is similar to water wetter based on MSDS and tech info.

One issue is the product is Fluorescent Green in color. If you go through tech and a tech inspector see your coolant is green in color they are going to assume you are running coolant and you won't pass tech.

I strongly suggest you just run water or pick up some water wetter from a local dealer. Halifax Motorsports usually has water wetter on the shelf for a good price. Call Katherine or Tyler and they will fix you up.

A reminder to those this spring to dump your coolant, refill with water, start your bike and bring up to full temp and then do a second dump of this water to completely remove any remaining coolant in your system. A simple dump and refill with distilled is not enough to remove all antifreeze from the system.

Your bike will be fine with just water if you can't find water wetter.
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

2000greenz24

Re: Coolant additive

Postby 2000greenz24 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks for the insight. Napa can order water wetter in for $14 a bottle (not many options of places to get it in the valley).
2005 ZX6R - AM #134
2007 Zx-6R

Return to “General Discussion”