Quick 2011 season-related Qs

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quick 2011 season-related Qs

Postby admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey Chad, thanks for taking the time to write and give us your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

You're gift certificate will still count. Anybody who bought Gift Certificates for Track Days or Riding Academies before the price increase will still be able to redeem them. The same goes for Academy applicants. Anyone who applied before the increase will get the Academy at the pre-increase price.

The shirts should be ready very soon and will be sent then, along with your gift certificate per the arrangements made via e-mail.

SMman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SMman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Perfect. Thank you and see you all when I can tear myself away from work. It sucks that my busy time of the year is May-Oct.
2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2006 CRF450R Motard
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2014 Yamaha BWS50
2015 Honda CBR300R
http://www.skydivemoncton.com

phillip56

Postby phillip56 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:38 pm

I was hoping to get a round or two in this year when my wife finished school. With a 75.00 per weekend rental fee for a transponder I think I'll have to wait for next year and hopefully race the whole season. . I thought 150.00 for the year and 50.00 for the weekend was nuts, especially when I'm forced to use it. If I had know back when AMCRA looked at getting the transponders that it would lead to such an expense then I don't think I would have supported it. But I'm a cheap vintage racer, so what do I know.

AMurray

Postby AMurray » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm

For starters our timing system has nothing to do with AMCRA and 99.9% of riders want a timing system for their events. We need a timing system which is less mantenance. But none the less we need a timing system, we like to move forward instead of backward.

ernest

Postby ernest » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm

What we need is a free timing system. :) Costs will keep some people away but the bills have to be paid. I'll be putting in $600 for transponders this year so my better read low. ;)
Last edited by ernest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

phillip56

Postby phillip56 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 am

I only mentioned AMCRA because they introduced the system to the racers here. My only concern is that racers are required to have a transponder so I think it's up to you guys to make sure that it's affordable.

mdabyo

Postby mdabyo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 am

have a curiosity questions, i know last year the idea of moving the test and tune to Thursday night was thrown around, was the track booked on Thursdays? I can see a lot more people deciding to participate if they could come to the track on Thursday and stay till Sunday.. Wed night just seems like a pain in the ass.

-J
2007 R6 #78
2006 R6 way too beautiful to race

tsteeves

Postby tsteeves » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Not a bad question at all thanks for asking. Last year we tried to avoid TnT's completely during the week of the races. Many participants felt that it was just too difficult to be away from "real life" for that many days once every month. It was reflected in the participation last year and this was one of the reasons behind it, another is that there are a number of our participants that are in retail and that means their work hours are, in most cases, longer on Thursday and Friday. We found last year we need to spread the events out. When we have a track night the same week as a Friday track day both events suffer cause people simply can't do both the same week.

You are right logistically it makes absolute sense but its tough to be away from work/home etc for that long.

On the flip side, the night of the week that works for most people is the one we'll go with. We've talked about mixing up the days for this year between Mon, Tue and Wed. What do you think?

Pros-
We might get a feel for what nights are best?
Riders might get a better chance to work around "real life" stuff like work etc.
Cons
Might be tougher to get the word around.
Might be tougher for people to schedule in advance.

Thanks for the input.
Terry

tsteeves

Postby tsteeves » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

bluestreek

Postby bluestreek » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Just a question: How much do these systems cost (new and used) and is there a demand for selling a used system to another facility? This may allow you to cover some of the cost of updating the current system. A system that might actually be cheaper to run and maintain perhaps??

Return to “General Discussion”