Helmets

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
russell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Helmets

Postby russell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Tim's recent post on the Medical rescue team's page has made me think it would be nice to give our safety crews a chance to familiarize themselves with some of the advancements made with our helmets.

Many of the current helmets now offer quick release cheekpads that can be a huge help to first responders when dealing with crashes at the track. I was planning to take my helmet to Tim and show him this feature just in case I had an accident. I am thinking it would be nice to get one of each brand with this feature together so that they can become familiar with their operation just in case.

I have not used them all, but I believe no damage is done by testing this feature. If you would be willing to lend your helmet to the rescue team so they can become familiar with the operation please contact me and I will try and corordinate with Tim.

I would really like to get a Shoei, Arai, Scorpion and any other brand that is raced at Shubie.

John Russell
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

fiddler

Re: Helmets

Postby fiddler » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:37 am

Hello John,

I have a crashed Shoei X-twelve that you can use for this purpose.

Chris
chriswilkinson@eastlink.ca

Return to “General Discussion”