Newbie Questions

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RCKing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Newbie Questions

Postby RCKing » Thu May 19, 2016 2:20 pm

I just attended the riding school last weekend and I have a few questions:

1. Are wet weather tires necessary for a newer track rider. Will street tires do the trick?
2. I want to participate in street stock, so do I drill my bolts or are there pre-drilled bolts available online or locally (Moncton/Halifax)?
3. I have a cummerbund back protector, is that sufficient to meet the back protection requirements?

Thanks in advance!

russell

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby russell » Thu May 19, 2016 2:56 pm

They are not required. You can go out on whatever tires you feel comfortable. If you ran last weekend and felt fine with street tires then there is your answer.
Ask around as some might have used rain tires for cheap.

Drill your own. Buy lots of bits and take your time.

Most back protectors are held by strap around the waist. I suspect yours is fine. Post brand and model of back protector and we can comment further. If you are stuck I have an older model I can lend you.
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

Return to “General Discussion”