Test and Tune day question (May 12th 2017)

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chinrider51
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Test and Tune day question (May 12th 2017)

Postby Chinrider51 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Happy New Year to all!

Tried my first racing school and track days last summer and cant wait for this year. I just got the membership for 2017 and hopefully I can do more track days this year!!

One quick question about the TEST AND TUNE day on May 12th.
Is that only open to racers ? I really want someone to help me to set up my suspension (pre-load,compression and rebound) based on my weight, and I don't if I can have it set up on that day at the tack or not.

If not, is there anyone or shop can do it?

I went to the pros at work suspension before but for some reason their phone is no longer working. :(

Thanks in advance

Danny

russell

Re: Test and Tune day question (May 12th 2017)

Postby russell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Test and tune days are for licensed racers with fully race prepped bikes.

If you are planning to take the school on the following saturday I am sure there will be racers willing to give advice on your setup. Be nice, mingle and ask questions. Most racers are pretty busy trying to get their bikes ready for the season and time is short.

If you are looking for advice and help I would suggest you get in contact with someone beforehand and make arrangements to get help early in the morning.

It will be cold in the morning and most of the time racers will be waiting till it heats up a bit before hitting the track. If you are there at 8am I am sure someone could help you measure things up. Later in the day most will be busy turning laps, wondering where their speed went:)

I probably won't be there on friday but I can certainly help with your setup if you want to get it done beforehand. If so send me a private message and we can set something up.

John Russell
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

Chinrider51

Re: Test and Tune day question (May 12th 2017)

Postby Chinrider51 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 pm

PM you :) and thanks for your replying!

Return to “General Discussion”