250 Ninja Bike Build

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
phillip56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

250 Ninja Bike Build

Postby phillip56 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm getting started on building the 250 Ninja that I picked up. I'm planning on doing the usual stuff, pipe, filter, and jet kit. I'm also looking at doing the GSXR600 rear brake upgrade and doing the front fork springs. I was checking out the rule book and it looks like the brake master and the disk can be swapped out. Is it permissible to the caliper as well?
Any other worth while upgrades to do. Not looking to break the bank, just have some fun.

spotthedogg

Re: 250 Ninja Bike Build

Postby spotthedogg » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

It is the rear shock from GSX-R that people swap for a cheap upgrade, ideally shorter dogbones too to raise the rear and quicken steering.
You won’t even use the rear brake. Get a braided front brake line and EBC HH pads and you’ll be all set.
Get fork springs for your weight and RaceTech valve emulators. Clip-on bars and rearset footpegs are nice too.
This forum doesn’t get much traffic, I think I tried to reply to you a couple months ago but I see it didn’t post.
Join the Facebook group sARL Lightweight Supersport racers

Cheers
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

cbrnut

Postby cbrnut » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am

what scott said (except use vesrah pads, ebc HH are garbage in comparision lol)
2009 zx6 #83
"Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty."

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Yes, EBC HH are barely better than stock sintered pads. I just put that because they are readily available and inexpensive. DP Race pads FTW ;)
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

Return to “General Discussion”