Rant

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
russell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rant

Postby russell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:18 am

Alright I am bored and slowly going nuts waiting for spring. Thought I would do my part to try and entice some new riders to take the plundge and try the racing scene.

We always have problems getting the guys to come out so I will target this post at the ladies who have maybe thinking it looks like fun but for some reason or other never took the plunge.
It is nice that the female racer numbers have been on the way up over the last couple of years but we need more. It would be great to get into a position like some clubs in the states that have a large contigent of ladies competing. It's my understanding some have started an AFemme class as a way to help entice new ladies as well.

So ladies let us know what we should be doing to help get you started? We had ladies winning AM600 races a few years back and I am hoping to see it again next year, as well as some more 125/250 class wins.

I am wondering if anyone outside our small group actually knows about your success. Maybe an article next year in the paper next year could profile our ladies success.

I know there is nothing like a good video to get the blood rushing,so here is one of a up and coming female racer in Cali that is kicking the guys asses. With all the go pros around next year I am sure something could be put together to help get the message out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dIEN0AKUC0

John

P.S. Oh yeah here is another shameless plug that I have a SV sitting in the garage waiting for you. :lol:
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

mademiriam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rant

Postby mademiriam » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 am

now I'm curious John what woman won at AMP on a 600? I've been missing the lost statistics from years ago drastically as it would be good inspiration, the only name I've heard mentioned on a 600 is Ruth.
The SOAR series does well with it's womans class, those girls and the whole organization is very positive. Meeting the women in their series just makes you want to go out. Mind you the racers in their other classes are much the same way, it's not just the womens class that is open and inviting.

I'm trying very hard not to rant in your thread... (-: I have some pretty strong opinions about some of this.

I +1 that more racers would be fantastic and something we would all benefit from.
'01 ZZR250

russell

Postby russell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:49 pm

The year was 2002 I think. Pretty sure it was 600SS but it actually could have been the superbike class. I remember the day clearly as I had my first venture into the T9 gravel.

I am pretty sure that was the first female win of a 600 race at Shubie. It was one of the best trophy presentations I can remember. I don't think one person left early that day. We all wanted to be there for that. I am sure it will be the same this year when you get on the top step. Don't settle for less.

Her name is on the tip of my tounge but can't get it out. Someone will chime in with her name. She was a great racer,I wish she could have stayed at it. I always liked her burn-outs on the starting grid,and I think her undertail said something like "You just got passed by a chick" or something like that.
Last edited by russell on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARL#44
Special thanks to

phillip56

Postby phillip56 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm not positive, but I think that was Andrea Beaver.

russell

Postby russell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Bingo.
ARL#44
Special thanks to

ttc

Postby ttc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:14 pm

to bad they dumped all the old times or never had them from farther back. it was interesting to look back and see what times where being run in the years gone by.

russell

Postby russell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Hard to lie if someone can look up the truth.
ARL#44
Special thanks to

nsducati

Postby nsducati » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Looking at the past numbers would be pretty cool, it would be a good gauge for new guys like me. Something to give me hope of improvement :)

ttc

Postby ttc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 pm

ttc

Postby ttc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Return to “General Discussion”