Charlie Legere Update

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
tsteeves
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Charlie Legere Update

Postby tsteeves » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:18 am

Hi all-
As many of you are aware Charlie was involved in a testing accident over the weekend. He suffered serious neck and leg injuries and is now in the care of the very capable staff at the QE2. We know everyone will want to send along their good wishes and support but at the request of Charlies family we ask that you do that through this forum for now. When Charlie and his family are open to "in-person" visits will post it here, in the meantime please respect their privacy as we all hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions.

Terry

mediaman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Charlie Legere Update

Postby mediaman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Hoping that today is a better day for Charlie. My thoughts and prayers to the whole Legere family and to those who know him well. Stay positive - he will pull thru because he's a fighter, just like he is on the track. Godspeed.

Mediaman (Pat Healey)

HatMan

Postby HatMan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:35 pm

WTF??? First time hearing about this.

Sorry to see something like this happen to anyone.

My whole family wishes you a speedy recovery Charlie. And I'm sure everyone wishes you nothing but the best!

Please keep us posted on your progress.

oldnslow

Postby oldnslow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Get well soon Charlie. Hope all goes well and you make a speedy recovery.

Barry A.

Ian

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Thoughts and prayers.

-I

munroe
Site Admin

Postby munroe » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:29 pm

I just came home from the hospital and with family permission I'm going to give you guys a bit of an update.
Like Terry said Charlie suffered serious injuries in both his leg and his neck and at this time. Nothing would please me more than to be able to say he'll be up and around in no time but it really does pain me to inform you that though he is in stable condition Charlie is going to need what looks to be 3 operations 1 on his leg and 2 for his neck the first of which should be performed tonight.

I must apologize as I don't feel this to be the time or place to get into anymore of the details but I can say that Charlie and family have a long road ahead of them

I owe a huge gratitude to the Paul Smith and Caleb Noiles and the EMTs for their quick actions and help with Charlie and my wife and the O'leary family for taking care of everyone else.
I also have to thank Terry and Andrew for visiting the family last night I know it helped the family a lot with the knowledge you guys had of the QE2 staff.

Brad is going to be putting together a get well package for Charlie and I would greatly appreciate if everyone could sign it and if you wanted to add to it feel free.

I would like to ask that for now anyone who wants any info from the family to contact me first I know they have a lot on their plate.
Thanks
Ron

TbS

Postby TbS » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Indeed.......thoughts and prayers

sixtyfour

Postby sixtyfour » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Terrible, terrible news.

Jer

Postby Jer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 pm

What a rough day yesterday.. I hope he get's better soon. That's going to stick with me for life.
Thank your wife again for us Ron. She did a great job of holding down the fort while you guys were away.

woot

Postby woot » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Thoughts and prayers. I can't even put words to it...

Return to “General Discussion”