2013 schedule

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
Darrell Embree
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2013 schedule

Postby Darrell Embree » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I have a few questions about the schedule for the 2013 season. One - Wndering why there is no race in May. Two - Is there going to be vintage (Pro Formula One class) on the Superbike weekend? In the past, we've always had 5 rounds plus the Superbike weekend. I've heard that some people disagree with that but just look back at the schedules from the last years.

bluestreek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2013 schedule

Postby bluestreek » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 am

I thought that there was usually 5 rounds per year plus the national also

phillip56

Postby phillip56 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:10 am

It always been 5 rounds. First round in May and ending September (but I think in October one year). It seemed nicely spread over the summer. Sucks for us vintage riders only having 4 rounds. Makes me wonder if it's worth it this year.

Marshall
Site Admin

Postby Marshall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm

You guys really need to come out for a track-day. Can't beat the laps per dollar value. There are more opportunities this year than any previous year that I recall. Check out the schedule, arrive the night before, camp-out have a full day of riding, stay another night or head home. As for vintage classes at the Nationals, I do not expect this year will be any different than others where CSBK will not agree with having vintage bikes on the national weekend.

phillip56

Postby phillip56 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm not really interested in track days. I think it may be my competitive nature. I may not be fast but I like to race against other riders. I like riding hard on the track and without the marshalls and EMT's there it's not something that appeals to me. But that's just me.

jayski

Postby jayski » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm

PThompson

Postby PThompson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Agreed, it's not a perfect world we live in. Compromise is a part of living. We need to be appreciative of what we do have, not be sour over what we don't. Listen to Jayski, he knows that of which he speaks.

Darrell Embree

Postby Darrell Embree » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Is there going to be a P4 race in the Superbike weekend? When it comes to track days I agree with Phil - there's no adrenalin rush, can't get up to speed and no safety in place. When you live out of province, that's an extra day off work. From what I'm hearing from production riders is how they'll manage to buy all the tires with such a short time between rounds? And it's expensive for those of us having to travel with races so close together, no time to build funds and sponsors are extinct!

russell

Postby russell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 pm

If P4 isn't offered you could run in the sportsman/f46 race if it gets offered. I am sure ARL will confirm the classes offered when they can.

JR
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

ernest

Postby ernest » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

I thought there was a sealed lower issue during the nationals
Phil

Return to “General Discussion”