Have an idea for sARL?

General Atlantic Roadracing League chat. Feel free to ask any questions here!
RyanTSI
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Have an idea for sARL?

Postby RyanTSI » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Thats a good idea Scott. Might drive some more spectators at the track if they've already paid for their full season entry. Also could put a little extra cash in the clubs pockets early in the year.
Amateur #30
Ryan MacInnis
2006 GSX-R 600

munroe
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1320: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby munroe » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:06 am

The season pass for spectators is a good idea but its been done. Honestly I believe the only one that ever got sold was a to a racer who had had his family there every weekend, in saying this the option has always been there to purchase this pass, this year it was $40 I didnt realize it wasnt on the forum anymore.

$10 a person to get in the gate is cheap and if you happened to notice people actually showed up to watch this year.
Most only came for one day so they pay the same anyway but are much happier when you say $10 for the whole weekend compared to the day especially if they have to drive an average of 45min to get there.

The gate pay does help with a few of the smaller weekend bills but to be quite honest I personally have no interest in raising the price.

You need spectators to get sponsors for the series plain and simple, no one wants to put money into an event or series that doesn't bring them any advertisement.
Quick example-The owner of Incline Sports has an interest in sponsoring a class and decides to come watch a race, sits down and notices the 15 fans sitting in the turn 3 bleachers, not very appealing but fill those bleachers as well as the ones inside 1 now we have someone who could see the potential in a rider or a class.

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Anyone able to design a nice T shirt, not a white one ;)
Something people will like to wear and maybe we could sell at the motorcycle shows?
Great way to get the name out in the public eye and make a few bucks off it.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

munroe
Site Admin

Postby munroe » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:41 pm

We are looking at some swag, possibly t shirts and hoodies.

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Good points Ron, I'm just throwing things up here that seem logical to me.
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 am

Of course nobody would pay for the season to save $10
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 pm

It would be great if the club had a YouTube Channel. There must be someone more tech than me that is good at that sort of thing. If there was such a guy he could collect digital footage from the dozen or more cameras at the events. Each person could submit there favourite couple of minutes. This would be great promotional material
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

JParsons

Postby JParsons » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:18 pm

I agree with the YouTube channel. I think it should be more than just race footage though. Open it up to tech questions, interviews, updates, etc. Have some how to videos on prepping bikes and any equipment needed to race for the weekend. There are lots of options on what can be made for videos. I would be more than happy to help with whatever I can. I want to see the sport grow. Hat's, t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc help as well. Getting the sARL name and logo out there is half of the battle. I'm up in Fredericton and there is no coverage up here. Most people don't even know there is a road course in the Maritimes.
Last edited by JParsons on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:01 pm

"Most people don't even know they're is a road course in the Maritimes."
Scott Campbell
2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250
1974 CB360
2009 BMW F800GS

russell

Postby russell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:29 pm

I have met young guys at the gas station in Shubie, that live in shubie, that have asked me where I was going with my bike.

The only people that don't know we race in shubie, don't want to know. You can't fix that problem, forget about it.
ARL#44
Special thanks to
Thug Engine Works, engine building/tuning
Halifax Motorsports, Parts and Accessories

Flipping tires like pancakes:)
280 laps on a rear and counting, Love the Pirellis
Best SV lap 1:11.8, thanks for the tow Marshall:)

Return to “General Discussion”